The Best Things in Life are Free

"The best things in life are free. The second best are very expensive." ~ Coco Chanel .
.
As a child, I remember my Dad gifting my Mom a very tiny bottle of perfume that smelled so heavenly- I could find my Mom in a crowd, just by the smell. I knew that when I was old enough I wanted that exact same perfume! "Chanel No. 5"
.
.
When I moved abroad, the first thing I did was to find this perfume I coveted and with closed eyes, no second thoughts whatsoever, I bought this with my first salary. The satisfaction made me giddy. It served my purpose in spite of the cost!
.
.
At 30 something, I realise that there will be many materialistic things I desire (isn't it human tendancy?) But what has changed is this: that I have learnt to appreciate more. As Coco Chanel's words ring out loud and clear, I contemplate my best and happiest pleasures: waking up to hear my Aay ask a 1000 times when  breakfast will be ready, drinking Tea perfected by my Mom, trying to multitask while Aay does everything possible to distract me, and if I'm lucky- watching the sun set on another day! Hoping I'll be a better person tomorrow, thankful to God for allowing me the small, simple pleasures of life. Who knew that life can make us realise such things!
.
.
What's your Quote for today?
.
.
#quote #cocochanel #boymom #bestthingsinlife #happinessquotient #thankful #lifeissimple #perfumes #chanelno5 #thebloggermommie  #indianmoms #indianmomblogger

Comments