The Blogger Mommie is Proud to Feature : Tiffany Mathis Adams


This week's featured Mom is a very special friend and ex-colleague, Tiffany. I have not only had the pleasure of working with her but was lucky to meet her a couple years back and have many memorable moments of those few days spent together. 
Read Tiffany's thoughts on motherhood and I guarantee you will find comfort in ever word and her message will certainly stay fresh for a very long time. My favorite part (and it's difficult to point to just one) is where she talks about trusting 'your heart' when parenting your child, not wishing your days away and I couldn't agree more. I love her message to mom's especially at a time when I see so many (me included) forget the true essence of motherhood and get caught up with so much responsibility that we forget about ourselves and the very reason we became parents.
A beautiful read just in time for the weekend, a comfortable chair, a'hop cuppa' and this beautiful message will certainly make your day. 
In her words....
Motherhood is: a gift from God to women. It is a selfless, sometimes thankless job, but I believe it is the most important job on the planet. We women forget just how important mothering is. We are responsible for teaching our kids the things we want them to know. Before they learn from anyone else, they learn from us. What an awesome responsibility!
What I have learnt after becoming a mom
I’ve learned that everyone mothers differently. I’ve learned that every mother needs encouragement. I’ve learned that you certainly can’t trust the media or books or public opinion to teach you how to raise your kids! You have to trust your heart. What our children see and what they hear from their mothers is the basis of their thinking as they grow. I’ve learned that leaning on my faith is priceless, and though I have messed up more times than I can count, my belief that my prayers are heard and answered gives me peace.
I am truly amazed at the number of the hats that women can wear at one time! I believe God gave this job to us because we are fantastic jugglers! Whether you work outside the home or are at home all day with your children, the time you spend with them is priceless. Don’t wish your days away – each one is a gift and your children will only be little once. Enjoy every moment you are given!
I am now a grandmother of two little girls, and what a delight it is to see the children of my child grow and to be apart of their lives! Grandmothering is a whole new take on mothering! Still, some things do not change, I will always be my children’s mother and though they are grown, in my mind I sometimes still see them as they were when they were much younger and needed me more. I am proud of the people they have become, after all, it really is a mother’s job to teach her child how to be a ‘grown up’, then let them go be one!
My message to all moms: My husband and I waited 7 years after we married before starting our family. We knew we wanted to spend time together exclusively before we had children. Once our kids were born, our focus shifted to us as a family, not just us as a couple. It has to shift, but don’t lose yourself in mothering – you have a responsibility to yourself to maintain your health and well-being. And don’t forget your husband. Your husband needs his wife as much as your children need their mother. Your children are an extension of the love between you and your husband. Your husband is your support and together you support and grow your family.
It’s been said that women weren’t created to do everything a man can do. We were created to do everything a man can’t do! I am so glad God made me a woman and a mother (and a grandmother). God has a plan for each and every one of us– being a mother is part of God’s plan, and I am happy to be where He has placed me. Be happy where He has placed you - and with the precious children He has given you.

Comments