The Blue and Pink debate

I've often wondered who came up with the idea that all things blue relate to "boys" and all "pink" girls. I remembered a funny incident with my niece. When she was about four or five years old she saw a picture of a cat and very innocently stated that it was a "girl cat". On further coaxing her to explain why she thought so, she looked at me with that " isn't it obvious" look and said " it's a pink cat...pink means girl !!" Yes...we sometimes forget that our little ones learn things from us and are guided by our own bias of colors, toys and games to name a few. I'm guilty too. From the fact that I bought an entire blue wardrobe for Baby A to the time I was offended when the nurse dressed him in a pink romper (apparently they ran out of blue ones!!). That brings me to the point of this post. All this because? Well, because my very cute Baby A decided that the first color he will learn to pronounce is - yep "PINK" not to forget that everything blue is also pink - according to him. Makes me wonder! Now I do not know if this is going to be his favorite color (and I hope it isn't) but what matters is if I will accept his choice or try to get him to like another color. Well this should not be a toughie. So I bought him a pair of pj's today with pink cars on it๐Ÿ˜‰. I guess I've made my decision. 

Comments

Post a Comment